Need Help Getting a Quote? Call 0333 777 3628
Allianz Car Insurance
- Approved repairer courtesy car
- £300 cover for personal belongings
- £750 for non-manufacturer audio & satnav
- Cover for accidental misfuelling
- Legal advice helpline
Swiftcover Car Insurance
- UK-based, 24-hour claims line
- Courtesy car during repair
- Alternative accommodation
- Cover for new keys & locks
- New car replacement (vehicles under 12 months old)
AXA Car Insurance
- 5 Star rating from Defaqto
- Lifetime repair guarantee
- 24/7 emergency claims line
- Inclusive cover for misfuelling
- Gold Trusted Merchant on Feefo (2018)
Be Wiser Insurance
- Free gadget, wallet & handbag cover
- Panel of 30+ leading UK insurers
- UK-based offices & staff
- Free claims assistance
- Free breakdown cover
Aviva Car Insurance
- Your liability cover
- Motor injury protection
- Uninsured driver cover
- Roadside repair & recovery
- Optional extras including courtesy car
- Highly rated on Review Centre and Reviews.co.uk
- Carefully chosen, trusted network of insurers
- Unbiased comparison service
- Ad-free website
- Free to use
- 5-Star rating from Defaqto
- In-car entertainment cover
- Windscreen & child car seat cover
- Personal accident cover up to £5,000
- Insured in the EU for up to 90 days per trip
- Completely free comparison
- Accurate quotes, not estimates
- No increase on price for using service
- Huge range of providers compared
- 96% of customers recommend on Reviews.co.uk
Compare The Market
- Impartial and independent comparison
- Over 100 car insurance providers compared
- Simple and quick to get a quote
- Service is free to use
- 2 for 1 cinema tickets for a year (T&Cs apply)
- Wide range of insurance providers used
- Independently operated comparison site
- Highly rated on Revoo
- Free to use for all customers
- Get a fast quote in just a few steps
Call 0333 777 3628
Compare & Save On Your Car Insurance
There’s no getting away from it; as a UK driver you need car insurance, or you need to sell your car! Driving is such a key part of people’s lives, whether it’s commuting, visiting family or taking the kids to school, which means we have to find the money to cover the ever-increasing premiums. Even those with over 10 years’ No Claims Discount can still see a rise in their car insurance renewal cost, year after year.
Comparing - pros and cons
A car insurance comparison offers you the best way to make savings, because it’s fast and effective. The results form a table with all the information laid out clearly, and it takes you very little time to browse the details. However, comparison sites are designed to give you the cheapest option first, no matter how comprehensive, or minimalist, the policy is, and this should be considered when using a comparison service.
You may only be interested in the cheapest option, but check whether that option includes an unusually high excess. You may be getting the lowest price upfront, but if there’s an accident that is partly or wholly your fault, you could be paying over half the price of the policy again. Always check the policy details before you go running off with the best price.
This is actually where the table proves useful; most comparison websites will clearly identify the need to know details in the table, so that you have everything collated in a user-friendly and convenient format, and it’s up to you to responsibly assess what’s on offer.
Choosing to compare
According to online independent research by Consumer Intelligence (June 2011), 98% of people could save when they compare car insurance prices online with comparison websites such as Go Compare and Compare The Market. In all likelihood, you will find a cheaper quote online by comparing premiums. It’s the option that saves money, as well as time.
You could always ring up every insurer, and note down the best twenty prices, but going online to compare takes a matter of minutes, and all you have to do is look at a table of results. Essentially, you’re letting a website do all the work for you, so that you can quickly check prices, policy benefits and key details, before following the quick link to set up the car insurance that suits you. Comparing car insurance has become a popular trend, because it saves so many people money on something that they need to have in place.
Car Insurance - Top 5 Money Saving Tips
Everyone would love cheaper car insurance, but it’s not just about looking for the cheapest premium around. You can do a few different things to bring down the cost of your car insurance, and here are our Top 5 Tips:
5. Install alarm/immobiliser
You’ll find that car insurers always ask for information about your car’s security technology. Modern cars are built with an alarm or immobiliser, often Thatcham approved, but many cars dating before 1995 will have nothing in place. Your premium will increase without a security measure, because it is more susceptible to a break-in. Have one installed, and you could decrease the cost of your car insurance.
4. Park somewhere secure
You may have no choice but to park on the road outside your home, but if you can get your car stored in a garage or secure car park then you improve the safety of your vehicle. A lot of people choose to park outside their house instead of in their garage because it saves time in the morning, and this can increase the price you pay for car insurance.
3. Pay annually
You may want to pay monthly so the premium doesn’t come out at once, but the insurer will usually charge interest for this, so over the payment period you are actually paying more than the initial quote. There’s nothing devious about this; it is common practice, but you will save money in the long-term if you pay annually instead.
2. Increase excess
Your voluntary excess, which is the amount you pay in the event of an accident that is partly or wholly your fault, can often be altered. If you agree to pay more in the event of an accident, then your insurer may agree to bring down the total policy premium.
1. Compare car insurance
Compare car insurance and find the best offer available to you. A comparison website will take your details and use them to research the offers and quotes in a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds. They provide a very useful tool when you want to save money on your renewal quote, but compare responsibly to make sure you have the kind of vehicle cover you need.