Need Help Getting a Quote? Call 0333 777 3628
Allianz Car Insurance
- Shape cover how you want it
- 5 Star Defaqto rated
- 24 Hour claims service
- Over 100 years experience protecting UK customers
- UK call centres
Swiftcover Car Insurance
- If you’re looking for great value car insurance, take a look at what Swiftcover gives you. Our comprehensive cover now includes our uninsured driver promise*. You’ll also get 24 hour UK based claim lines, a courtesy car^ for up to 14 days while our approved network repairs your car and a lifetime guarantee on those repairs for as long as you own your car. Plus no admin charges when you make changes yourself online without calling means you’ll keep saving while you’re Swiftcovered.
- *You will need to provide the make, model and reg number of the other car. Cover applies for claims where you are not to blame.
- ^Subject to availability following a valid claim. Standard 3 door l litre manual car provided for up to 14 days whilst your car is repaired by our approved repairer or until the car is declared a total loss. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations a
AXA Car Insurance
- AXA comprehensive car insurance now gives you our uninsured driver promise*, child car seat cover and 90 day European cover as standard. With 24 hour UK based claim lines, a courtesy car^ while our approved network repairs your car and a lifetime guarantee on those repairs for as long as you own your car, it’s the expert service you can rely on after a claim. Little things mean a lot with AXA – one of the world’s largest insurers.
- *You will need to provide the make, model and reg number of the other car in the event of a claim.
- ^Subject to availability. 3 door 1.0l manual car provided whilst your car is being repaired by our approved repairer, or max 14 days for total loss. Terms, conditions, exclusions & limitations apply.
Be Wiser Insurance
- 24/7 free phone claims helpline
- No claims bonus discounts
- Windscreen replacement service
- Guaranteed multi vehicle discounts saving you money and hassle
- Cover for in car audio
Aviva Car Insurance
- 5 Star Car Insurance From £185 - 10% paid this for standard cover*
- Up To 20% Online Discount*
- *10% of customers are expected to receive the maximum saving**
- 24/7 UK Claims Helpline
- Compare up to 30 cover features, as well as price
- Half of our customers could save up to £209 on their car insurance*
- Free car insurance comparison, compare over 125 brands
- Defaqto 5 Star Rated
- 90 days EU Cover
- 24/7 UK Claims line
- UK only call centers
- Monthly installment option
- Find our cheapest deal on Confused.com
- Same or less than the price you would pay going direct
- Compare cheap quotes
Compare The Market
- Compare Hundreds Of Prices From Top Insurance Providers
- 50% of consumers could save up to £230 with comparethemarket.com Motor Insurance
- Compare From Over 80 Trusted Insurance Providers
- Get A Quote From Over 139 Companies
- UK's #1 price comparison website
- Get Your Quote In Less Than 5 Minutes
- 51% of people could save £227
Compare & Save On Your Car Insurance
There’s no getting away from it; as a UK driver you need car insurance, or you need to sell your car! Driving is such a key part of people’s lives, whether it’s commuting, visiting family or taking the kids to school, which means we have to find the money to cover the ever-increasing premiums. Even those with over 10 years’ No Claims Discount can still see a rise in their car insurance renewal cost, year after year.
Comparing - pros and cons
A car insurance comparison offers you the best way to make savings, because it’s fast and effective. The results form a table with all the information laid out clearly, and it takes you very little time to browse the details. However, comparison sites are designed to give you the cheapest option first, no matter how comprehensive, or minimalist, the policy is, and this should be considered when using a comparison service.
You may only be interested in the cheapest option, but check whether that option includes an unusually high excess. You may be getting the lowest price upfront, but if there’s an accident that is partly or wholly your fault, you could be paying over half the price of the policy again. Always check the policy details before you go running off with the best price.
This is actually where the table proves useful; most comparison websites will clearly identify the need to know details in the table, so that you have everything collated in a user-friendly and convenient format, and it’s up to you to responsibly assess what’s on offer.
Choosing to compare
According to online independent research by Consumer Intelligence (June 2011), 98% of people could save when they compare car insurance prices online with comparison websites such as Go Compare and Compare The Market. In all likelihood, you will find a cheaper quote online by comparing premiums. It’s the option that saves money, as well as time.
You could always ring up every insurer, and note down the best twenty prices, but going online to compare takes a matter of minutes, and all you have to do is look at a table of results. Essentially, you’re letting a website do all the work for you, so that you can quickly check prices, policy benefits and key details, before following the quick link to set up the car insurance that suits you. Comparing car insurance has become a popular trend, because it saves so many people money on something that they need to have in place.
Car Insurance - Top 5 Money Saving Tips
Everyone would love cheaper car insurance, but it’s not just about looking for the cheapest premium around. You can do a few different things to bring down the cost of your car insurance, and here are our Top 5 Tips:
5. Install alarm/immobiliser
You’ll find that car insurers always ask for information about your car’s security technology. Modern cars are built with an alarm or immobiliser, often Thatcham approved, but many cars dating before 1995 will have nothing in place. Your premium will increase without a security measure, because it is more susceptible to a break-in. Have one installed, and you could decrease the cost of your car insurance.
4. Park somewhere secure
You may have no choice but to park on the road outside your home, but if you can get your car stored in a garage or secure car park then you improve the safety of your vehicle. A lot of people choose to park outside their house instead of in their garage because it saves time in the morning, and this can increase the price you pay for car insurance.
3. Pay annually
You may want to pay monthly so the premium doesn’t come out at once, but the insurer will usually charge interest for this, so over the payment period you are actually paying more than the initial quote. There’s nothing devious about this; it is common practice, but you will save money in the long-term if you pay annually instead.
2. Increase excess
Your voluntary excess, which is the amount you pay in the event of an accident that is partly or wholly your fault, can often be altered. If you agree to pay more in the event of an accident, then your insurer may agree to bring down the total policy premium.
1. Compare car insurance
Compare car insurance and find the best offer available to you. A comparison website will take your details and use them to research the offers and quotes in a matter of minutes, sometimes seconds. They provide a very useful tool when you want to save money on your renewal quote, but compare responsibly to make sure you have the kind of vehicle cover you need.