Home Insurance Price Comparison
- Compare Buildings, Contents Or Joint Cover Policies
- You Could Save Up To £225 On Home Insurance
- Get A Quote From Every Comparison & Direct Site
- Save Up To 50% Online
- 99% Of Customers Could Save Money
Need Help Getting a Quote? Call 0333 777 3628
Age UK Insurance
- Pay by interest-free monthly instalments at no extra cost (0% APR Representative)
- No hidden fees
- Choice of contents or buildings insurance cover or both
- 'New for Old' cover
- Consumers could save up to £99 with Direct Line Buildings and Contents Insurance
- 10% of consumers could achieve this saving with Direct Line Buildings and Contents Insurance. Based on online independent research by Consumer Intelligence during 01 May- 31st May 2017. Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
- Underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.
Swiftcover Home Insurance
- With Swiftcover.com, buying your cove ronline means it's quick and easy to protect your home. Your online policy wording and schedule includes what you have and have not bought so there's no confusion about the cover you have or what you are paying for.
- Get a simple, fast quote
- Manage your policy online 24/7
- Choose cover options to suit your needs
AXA Home Insurance
- Life moves all the time. That’s why at AXA we’ve developed three new home insurance products so you can rely on us to be there for you every stage of your life. Whether you’re buying your first home, enjoying family life or taking it easy since your children have left, you can be confident your home is in safe hands. Plus with our guarantee on repairs and emergency cash advance*, peace of mind is guaranteed with AXA.
- *Subject to a valid claim, payment deducted from final claim settlement, T&Cs apply
Hastings Direct Home Insurance
- Fast, Reliable 24 Hour, 7 Day A Week Claims Helpline
- We Compare Prices From A Range Of Top UK Insurers.
- Choose Your Cover — Buildings Only, Contents Only, Or Combined Cover For An Additional Discount.
- Compare Quotes From Up To 78 Home Insurers
- You Could Save At Least £263*
- *10% of customers could save at least £263.79 against their previous renewal price (Jan - March 2014).
Compare The Market
- Compare Quotes From A Trusted Panel Of 60 Providers
- Complete 1 Simple Form And Get A Quote In Minutes
- 50% of consumers could save up to £70.92 with comparethemarket.com Buildings and Contents Insurance
- Compare Home Insurance From Over 98 Companies
- 51% Could Save Up to £72 On Home Insurance
- Get A Quote For Buildings Cover, Contents Cover Or Both
Aviva Home Insurance
- Online quote in 5 minutes
- Prices From Just £135
- 24/7 Claims Helpline
- 40% No Claims Discount
Compare & Save On Your Home Insurance
Whether you’re a home owner or tenant, a level of insurance on your home or its belongings will provide you with valuable peace of mind, but, like all forms of insurance, it costs money and it often seems like it only gets more expensive. You can choose between buildings and contents insurance, and home owners that are not renting may well want both, which will only add to the price. Many insurers will give you a deal for getting both together, but it can still seem like a lot of money.
However, having that kind of cover in place helps you rest easy, even if it does seem costly. Your best option for getting the cheapest offer, whilst still having a comprehensive and effective policy in place, is to compare home insurance. This gives you an effective way of assessing the qualities of each home insurance policy, without spending too much time trying each provider separately.
How to compare home insurance
Doing a home insurance comparison is simple; when you visit any number of comparison websites you will usually find that the whole process is really user-friendly and designed to save you time. You fill out a short form containing your details, which only takes a few minutes, and then the comparison engine built into that site will check a broad number of insurers for quotes, doing all the hard work for you. The results form a table, with the cheapest first, and you should have all the important policy details displayed clearly.
The cheapest option may not be the best, and simply going for the one that’s lightest on the wallet may not be the wisest or most suitable choice. Consider the amount of excess, and whether the policy includes cover for particular items. It may be the case that you need to pay extra to cover jewellery that is worth over a certain amount, so always take the time to check the finer points.
Compare and save
The facts speak for themselves; Consumer Intelligence conducted online independent research in June 2011, and found that comparison websites boast impressive statistics, particularly when it comes to home insurance. Both Go Compare and Compare The Market, according to the research, could offer a cheaper quote to 99% of customers. Compare and save on home insurance, but remember to make sure you have what you need in your home insurance policy.
Home Insurance - Top 5 Money Saving Tips
Home insurance can cover you against theft of, or damage to, items in your home, as well as any damage to the structure of your home. This gives you peace of mind, but of course it can cost, so we’ve put together out Top 5 Tips for lowering your home insurance premium:
5. Install a visible alarm
Your home insurance premium will be directly affected by your level of home security, and one of the most effective burglary deterrents is a visible alarm. Thieves would much rather target somewhere without an obvious alarm in place, so by installing one, you stand a good chance of lowering the policy cost.
4. Install dead bolts
Dead bolts are another effective form of security, proving very difficult to overcome for potential thieves. A serious amount of force would be needed to shift the bolt and break into your home, so get dead bolts installed to improve the safety of your home.
3. Raise your excess
The amount that you are willing to pay towards a claim can often be altered. Bringing your excess down will increase the cost, but if you actually offer to pay more then the premium should go down.
2. Secure all points of entry
It’s not just doors that are a concern; remember that your windows are points of access and if they can be easily prised open then burglary is a risk. Get any potential points of entry secured in order to prove to your insurer that you have taken the steps to protect your home.
1. Compare home insurance
When you compare home insurance quotes, you can take in all the policies at once, and browse through all the benefits, details and premiums available. It saves time, and is a really efficient and effective way of finding a home insurance deal. Always make sure that the policy is right for you, as some may be cheap because the cover is limited, and may not be particularly good in the event of a claim. As long as you’re careful when you compare, then it’s a great way to find the best home insurance deal.